Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend Update

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend! Just wanted to update everyone on some changes in Mom's treatment.

We are going to take a month off the chemo to get Mom feeling better and stronger. The hospital stay and this last round of chemo was a little difficult so the doctors think a month of is a good idea. So today is the first Monday off and they will run some more tests after the 4th monday of her time off. This way she will have some time to focus on her nutrition, physical therapy, and the newest addition - ACUPUNTURE!

 I got the pleasure of taking Mom to her first acupuncturist on Friday morning! This woman specializes in people with cancer and taking some of the pain away... let's hope this does some magic!
I stayed with  Mom while the lady put all the needles in her body. Mom couldn't even feel them! She also was able to nap/relax while the needles were doing their thang :) She is going to start seeing this acupuncturist twice a week for a couple months in hopes to relieve some of the pain she is experiencing. I did take a picture but you cant see the needles in sticking out of her arms and head so its just a picture of her laying on a table- not too blog-worthy.

I came home for the weekend to spend time with the family and also celebrate one of my best friend's birthdays! I took some pictures that I find VERY blog-worthy so enjoy! Luisa and I have been friends for 18 YEARS so she is one of Mom's "Fourth Daughters" and she happened to turn 28 on Friday! Here are some pictures from her bday celebration!

Cristin, Morgan (Luisa's Husband) and Me
 
Luisa, Angela, Catalina, and Mary Joe- Sisters :)
 
For the rest of the weekend, Mom and I spent alot of time watching tennis, drinking lots of fluids :), and getting good sleep! I also got to see Geema's new apt at Freedom Pointe and even took her our for lunch and a Target shopping trip! She is slowly getting acclimated to her new surroundings... very slowly. Tonight, we will have a lovely family dinner at the Lumpkins, then its back up to the freezing Big Apple for me.

I will leave you with a dog pic as usual! Dad says he likes to "make eye contact" with the dogs before giving them a treat to show them who is the boss.... this was the only way he could get the eye contact he wanted. If you cant see, Dad has the treats in front of his eyes. HA!

Keep those prayers coming and we will update as soon as we know more! Thanks for the support! Y'all really are the best!

xo Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment