Friday, January 18, 2013

The sun finally came out...

Happy Friday! We made it through the week...yay!! This has been a rainy, cold, icky week in the ATL. I really didn't think we would ever see the sun again. But today it came out and it's cold but gorgeous!

Mom had a week kinda like the weather.

Monday was chemo day. It was the last one of this round so she was pretty beat at the end of it.

Tuesday we had a lymphedema massage appointment at Turning Point, the cancer wellness center. This place is amazing! They are a non-profit facility that takes all kinds of patients with breast cancer and on staff they have nutritionists, massage therapists, and counselors. Since Tuesday was the first day after chemo mom was very wobbly and tired. So as soon as we got into the massage room she fell asleep (shocking I know). So the massage lady and I chatted the whole time about weddings and such while mom was taking a nice little nap.

Wednesday was another lazy day filled with many naps. Also Geema arrived from NYC. For those of you who don't know Geema (mom's mom) is moving to Atlanta from Brooklyn. As she says "I'm now a Georgia Peach". Geema is staying with mom and dad for a few days until she stuff arrives from NYC. Everyone please say an extra prayer for Kev over the next few days :)

Thursday we had a chance to see Geema's new apartment and it's great! We are going to have such a fun time decorating it. She's staying at an assisted living facility by our office in Roswell. Mom didn't come because she was tired but Caitlyn, dad and I went. Geema met some of her new neigbors so that was nice. Her direct neighbor's name is Hugh and she asked the guy showing us around if he was single! I think she's going to be just fine there.

Friday brings another set of appointment at Turning Point. This time it's the nutrionist and councelor. Then more naps and rest.

The weekend brings relief from all the appointments. Luckily next week is a non-chemo week so hopefully mom will begin too feel stronger and better.

We don't yet know the next steps in treatment. I think there is one more round of chemo to do and then probably another scan. After that we don't yet know.

Love to everyone! Have a great weekend!!

xoxo
Beth

1 comment: