Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Session 3 of round 2

Hi everyone!

We are here at the cafe, for the third session of the second round. This is my first time here with Mom, and I have to admit - I was very nervous! I had no idea what to expect, what it would look like, what I would see, etc.  As it turns out, it is pretty nice. Don't get me wrong, this is not a place I would like to visit on a regular basis, but given the circumstances, it is not bad at all.

For those of you who were wondering what this place looks like, I decided to document the trip.

I picked my mom up around 8:45, and we arrived at the office at 9 am.

 We walked in and were greeted by 2 wonderful nurses, who know Mom by name and they chatted for a moment.  They asked how my wedding plans were going, and I had to let them know that I was not Beth - people think we are twins all of the time!
Mom had some labs done, which I was not allowed to see - but I think they just drew some blood and got her port ready for the chemo.
After the labs, we rounded the corner and entered the Cafe!  Drum roll please...

You may be wondering what makes it a cafe - well, this does:
I have to say, Mom and I had the best cup of Dove Hot Chocolate - just delicious! (however, not the best idea after a cup of coffee - I feel like I could run a marathon right now:)

So that brings us to right now, as I type I can hear Mom snoring next to me!

After we are done here, it is off to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch!

Thank you for all of the love and prayers - and Happy early Thanksgiving!!

xoxo

Caitlyn

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you posted the Chemo Cafe. I was one that was wondering what it looked like. Yummy Sweet Tomatoes!!!
    Happy Early Thanksgiving to y'all also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the virtual tour! Cant wait to try that hot chocolate when I go over Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Caitlyn, Thanks for the tour! It's hard to be so far away but that helps to bring us closer. And Patti, you are awesome! I'm betting you are the Diva of the Cafe!

    ReplyDelete