Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chemo Cafe Round 3

This is Kevin and I am hijacking this blog once again, as I can't seem to get Patti to do it - not yet anyway.

We are here at the chemo cafe for round 3.  There are 16 seats here, and almost everyone here has cancer.   Everyone has their day and their scheduled time - ours is Wednesday at 11 - so there are a lot of people who visit this place and I am thinking there are lots of places like this.  And while almost everyone is sick, there is a lot of positive energy in this place.  The nurses, doctors, staff and volunteers stay upbeat and fast moving all the time, and I'm not sure how they do it.

The lady to our left finished her treatment today, so she is all done and is free to go, and she got a nice round of applause.  The lady to our right is having her first treatment, and it is her birthday, so we all wished her happy birthday.  She has breast cancer and was asking me about Patti's treatment.  I didn't want to tell her that is was our second time around, or that there even could be a second time around.  We're in the middle of our treatment, and Patti is sleeping through it. I think everyone is jealous of her world class napping skills.

We are going to Boston next week for a wedding - our niece Allison and Neil  - and we are also going to visit the oncologists at the Dana Farber Cancer Center.  We want to get their opinion on treatment options and since they are in Boston, we are going up to the Cape on Monday for a few days to grab some of the September vacation that disappeared when cancer reappeared.

Keep the cards letters thoughts and prayers coming - and thank you to everyone!

K



1 comment:

  1. I am jealous of Patti's ability to sleep!!! Being at the Cape will be the best medicine for you both. Enjoy the wedding and don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete