Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Yup, I'm going to try this again.

Hi and much love to all our readers and even ones who don't know about this blog. When Beth came with me to my first chemo and she was thinking of names for this blog ( I was busy just getting through the chemo infusion), she came up with this one with many thanks to Britney. Thought I was going to die laughing. Some may think this is rather a strange and peculiar blog name. For our family....it was perfect.
I'm not going to get into all the emotional and psychological feelings about the last 2 months. Let me say, though, I have an amazingly huge support group of family and friends who are pouring their love and prayers and loads of hugs to all of us. I was talking to a long time friend of mine and, while sobbing, I asked " what did I do in my past life to deserve all these wonderful people in my life?"  Of course I'm thinking God is rewarding me for doing more of the wash, or cleaning the kitchen more often. My friend simply said "because you are just being you". Wow!!! One of the sweetest things anyone has ever said. This college friend and I have known each other for 40 years, so this person knows more than most. So I think I'll go with that reason.
My hair is just about all gone but enough there so I could go to Allison and Neil's wedding without a babushka (yes, that is a joke even though I am small part Polish). We had a fabulous time. Neil and his group of Irish crazies ( these are mostly his own brothers) are sweet and so very loving. NOW, I can talk about the next family wedding....
Beth and Shane's!!!!!! Yeaaaa. Only 7 months left and we are again fortunate to add another group of loving and crazy Irish family and friends to ours. We have a terrific Alabama family from Caitlyn's husband.
Just had another round of chemo today. Ready for a nap.

Thank you all again for everyone's love and prayers
Patti

2 comments:

  1. Hey! So great to hear from you! And you are doing a great job which right now is to stay strong and fight that beast! (That means power naps not power weight lifting! Ha!) By the way, if your hairy care takers want help, Cooper just volunteered!
    Love Cynth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to read your post!! You are a beautiful person Patti!!! I just talked with Karen and got filled in with the Chemo Cafe and lunch at OTB!!!
    You are surrounded with hugs and loves!!!

    ReplyDelete