Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday all!

Our patient had an ok weekend! The weather is starting to change down here, which mom loves, so she spent alot of time reading on the back porch with the dogs.

Mom's overall feeling has been sluggish and low energy. We did go watch Caitlyn's volleyball team in the Serve for the Cure tournament on Saturday (they lost in the finals but played awesome!). I also dragged her to Home Depot to help me pick out flowers for my fall home decor. Thank goodness she was there or I would have spent way too much on flowers I would have killed in about a day! As payback, I believe, she dragged me to a Philly Connection because she wanted a philly cheesesteak. Completely random.

The side effects of the first chemo round have been minimal. Clearly if she can put down a cheesesteak the nausea hasn't set in yet :) However, one of the drugs has made her very itchy. They doctor suggested taking an allergy medicine like Allegra or something so she has been doing that in the morning and at night and it seems to be working. This is a side effect she didn't experience last time. She hasn't complained out anything else really so other than her stamina she's feeling ok.

Dad comes home today so I know that will definitely raise her spirits!

That's all to report from here. I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

xoxo
Beth

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these updates. I wish I lived closer. I love the Murphys!!!

    ReplyDelete